Changelog / History / Updates
Maian Music release history is shown below. If a new version is in progress, information will be shown below, beneath the changelog:
[+] Added [*] Updated [-] Bug Fix
Version 2.9 (04/10/2019):
[+] Added support for TheTeller API payment gateway. For transactions in Ghana.
[+] Child (sub) styles of parents now display on parent page
[*] Minimum PHP version required to run Maian Music is now 5.6 or higher
[*] PHPMailer library updated (6.1.1)
[*] Stripe payment gateway library updated (7.3.0)
[*] Update font awesome free vector library (5.11.2)
[*] jQuery library updated (3.4.1)
[*] Removed support for CardSave payment gateway, which is now WorldPay
[*] Removed support for CharityClear payment gateway, which is now LibertyPay. Support for LibertyPay me be added later.
[*] Removed support for Payza payment gateway, due to their court order. See https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/victim-witness-assistance/obopay-payza
[-] Fixed Maxmind loader which got broke in a previous version
[-] Fixed search and preview bugs when a custom landing page was set causing both to fail
[-] Fixed search error if search term contained at least one skipword
Version 2.8 (07/07/2019):
[*] Updated PHPMailer to latest stable release (6.0.7)
[*] Updated Stripe payment gateway API (6.40.0) to support SCA (Strong Customer Authentication)
[-] Fixed bug preventing order page from loading when search engine friendly urls were off
[-] Fixed drag / drop issue with styles when music store had large number of styles
[-] Fixed incorrect buyer email for guest checkout. Email should contain download page link.
[-] Fixed issue with shipping zones disappearing when updated
Version 2.7 (27/11/2018):
[*] Updated Stripe API library (6.22.1)
[-] Fixed issue where related product selections were not saving for collections
[-] Fixed menu issue where count sometimes showed incorrect amount of collections in style
[-] Fixed onclick button issue causing buttons to not work as expected in some browsers
[-] Updated slug columns in database to accept more characters and prevent database errors on some servers
Version 2.6 (11/09/2018):
[*] Added better error handling for Stripe gateway via try/catch block
[*] PHPMailer library updated (6.0.5)
[*] Updated Stripe API library (6.1.6)
[-] Fixed bug where country of residence didn`t save when adding account via admin CP
[-] Fixed bug where track cost wasn`t passed to gateway if at least one entry existed in the offers table
Version 2.5 (06/04/2018):
[+] Added PDF support for additional cover art
[+] Added batch delete options to all admin list screens
[+] Added contact form for support enquiries
[+] Added guest checkout system to cart routines
[+] Added new one click search option to search collections, tracks, accounts and sales
[+] Added option to approve sales before downloads can be accessed. Helps prevent fraud.
[+] Added option to build collection search tags from track titles
[+] Added seo options to music styles. Alternative browser title, meta description and meta keywords.
[+] Added support for PHP mail function
[+] Added support for PHP7.2*
[+] Added support for Stripe payment gateway
[+] Added wav support by default. By default supports mp3, mp4 and wav.
[*] Brand new admin interface with better performance on small screens
[*] Brand new frontend interface with better performance on small screens
[*] Font awesome library updated (5.0.9)
[*] In admin CP, mail settings, maxmind settings and social settings moved to separate screens
[*] Maxmind GeoLite database updated to GeoLite2 due to the forthcoming discontinuation of GeoLite
[*] PHP min version required now 5.5 or higher. Older version support removed.
[*] PHPMailer library updated (6.0.3)
[*] Password storage updated to use PHP`s password bcrypt API. All passwords must be reset.
[*] Twitter bootstrap library updated (3.3.7)
[*] Updated GetIDE3 PHP media parser system (1.9.15)
[*] Updated Iridium Corporation payment gateway to Pay Vector
[*] Updated Paypal IPN callback to use new endpoints and verify SSL
[*] Updated social links to be easily added / removed in admin CP
[*] Updated store search to also search tracks. This is optional and can be deactivated.
[*] jQuery library updated (3.3.1)
[*] Removed support for Beanstream (now Bambora) payment gateway
[*] Removed support for Fetch payment gateway
[*] Removed support for Global Iris payment gateway
[*] Removed support for Paypoint (now Pay360) payment gateway
[*] Removed support for Realex Payments payment gateway
[*] Removed support for eWay payment gateway
[-] Fixed bug preventing admin IP restriction from working if set
[-] Fixed bug related to offers and tracks when offer tracks were added to basket
[-] Fixed string operator fatal errors for export routines
Version 2.4 (05/06/2017):
[+] Added support for PHP7.1
[*] PHPMailer class updated to latest stable release (5.2.23)
Version 2.3 (10/06/2016):
[+] Added support for PHP7
[-] Fixed bug preventing JamboPay (Tanzania) from updating order after payment
[-] Fixed database backup issue when database name was in uppercase characters
[-] Fixed issue with Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus and Czech Republic having incorrect country codes
Version 2.2 (27/02/2016):
[*] Improved track add screen so that existing tracks in collection are clearly defined and cannot accidentally be re-added by mistake
[-] Fixed bug causing auto account activation after sale to fail in some cases
[-] Fixed bug related to full album purchases
[-] Fixed bug that could make a style a sub style of itself and disappear from the style list screen
[-] Fixed collection bug that caused some track downloads to fail.
[-] Fixed incorrect path for mail debug log
[-] Fixed issue with pagination in store if search engine friendly urls were enabled
[-] Fixed url issue which caused error in header template and urls to be wrong. Broke in 2.1.
Version 2.1 (19/11/2015):
[+] Added moss CSV export to admin control panel. Located via sales menu
[*] Updated payment gateways to be disabled by default on install. Except Paypal
[-] Account is now auto activated after a sale, instead of only via the verification email
[-] Fixed bug that caused spaces to appear when summing tracks on admin collection page
[-] Fixed bug where changing MP3 or CD text to something else, broke the cart routines
[-] Fixed issue related to track counts when collection was set to load directly from style
[-] On admin backup page, last updated date was showing incorrectly as creation date
Version 2.0 (14/10/2015):
[+] Added accounts system so visitors can view downloads/purchase history
[+] Added basic shippingzones for physical CD shipment
[+] Added basic tax options
[+] Added batch mail tool to send batch mail to buyers
[+] Added contact form. Can load from any custom page.
[+] Added database backup option
[+] Added export option to export buyers/emails to CSV
[+] Added gift coupons option
[+] Added import/export routines for tracks and collections
[+] Added license agreement email option with personalisation. If enabled is sent after purchase
[+] Added many SEO improvements including custom url slugs, alternative browser titles etc
[+] Added music styles/genres. Styles can be top level with sub styles.
[+] Added new discount system for special offers
[+] Added option for minimum purchase amount
[+] Added option to link single style directly to collection.
[+] Added option to restrict downloads to a minimum number of IP addresses
[+] Added option to restrict downloads to original purchase IP
[+] Added option to sell physical CDs
[+] Added option to specify start invoice number
[+] Added page management system to easily add new pages
[+] Added path check screen in admin cp to check mp3 files and cover art exist
[+] Added revenue overview screen in admin control panel
[+] Added sale clipboard function to easily add tracks/collections to new or existing sale
[+] Added stats screen with sales and revenue overviews
[+] Added support for Disqus comments system
[+] Added support for MOSS ruling. Digital and tangible tax can be set differently per country
[+] Added support for MP3 tag reading when adding tracks
[+] Added support for Maxminds GeoIP database for IP detection
[+] Added support for Sound Manager mp3 player
[+] Added support for many more payment gateways
[+] Added support for pushover API. Receive sale notifications on your tablets and mobile devices.
[+] Added support for social networking and sharing buttons
[+] Added support for social networking and sharing buttons
[+] Added support for twitter rest api. Post tweets directly from admin control panel.
[+] Added terms and conditions option on checkout. Can be enabled / disabled via admin cp.
[+] Added white label license. Market and sell the product as your own.
[+] Brand new HTML5 responsive system via Twitter Bootstrap
[*] Added better support for cover art. Easy to preview and select cover art for collections.
[*] Download expiry restrictions changed to mins,hours and/or days rather than click counts
[*] Dropped artist and category filters
[*] Improved mp3 and preview file handling. Now easier to add content
[*] Music files now grouped into collections rather than albums
[*] Removed packs and presets
[*] Track ordering now utilises drag and drop
Version 1.3 (13/06/2009):
[+] Added MySQL FULLTEXT searching
[+] Added export sales options
[+] Added filter by artist option for stats
[+] Added keyword/keyword phrase tags for albums
[+] Added meta description for albums
[+] Added option to filter by artist on music page
[+] Added packs & presets
[*] Changed path structure
[*] New interface
[*] Premium beat flash player removed and replaced with open source flash player.
[*] Updated PHP mailer system
[*] Updated captcha code
[*] Updated checkout to be more streamlined
[*] Updated graph class to latest version
[*] Various coding enhancements/updates/fixes
Version 1.2 (11/07/2008):
[+] Adapted for Joomla by Alao Arelowo (www.aretimes.com)
[+] Added discount option for album purchase
[+] Added sub categories for albums
[*] Updated captcha code
Version 1.1 (15/02/2008):
[*] Removed Coffee Cup jukebox player and added Premium Beat free flash player for single track previews.
Version 1.0 (06/10/2007):
[+] Version 1.0 Released
Latest Version - v3.0 - Coming Soon
The next release is being prepared. Here`s what new:
New in v3.0
- Added basic captcha option for form protection. Previous questions/answer anti spam system for support page removed.
- Added official support for PHP7.4*
- Added option to add custom admin pages. Useful for backend information in a secure area for yourself or clients
- Added support for PHP mail function
- Added year switcher for admin dashboard graph to see stats for selected years
- Added wysiwyg editor in admin CP for page, collection and box formatting
- Added soundmanager 360 degree player for frontend collection pages. Introduces track seek and time/play duratiion
- Added support for Maian Affiliate for affiliate commissions.
- Added new option. Music labels. Optional, can be added in CP. Useful if you want to attach collections to record labels.
- Added option to hide tracks already in collections on add tracks screen. Useful to see which tracks have not yet been added to collection.
- Added latest enabled collections to admin homescreen. Limit can be set in 'admin/control/options.php' file. 0 to disable.
- Added support for Square payment gateway (squareup.com)
- Added option to enable/disable track purchases for collections
- Added admin CP cookie option to remember logins. Can be switched off in 'admin/control/options.php'.
- Added new feature, account news. You can now post news into the account areas. Useful for info and promotions.
Updated or Removed
- Updated Stripe payment gateway API library (7.75.0)
- Updated PHPMailer to latest stable release (6.3.0)
- Updated Bootstrap library (3.4.1)
- Import, export and music download routines now use the system temporary folder. This is auto cleared by the garbage collector and is used for better performance.
- Security enhancement. Backup folder path must explicitly be set in admin CP now for security.
- Admin CP breadcrumbs are now on by default. They can be turned off in 'admin/control/options.php'.
- Improvements to error and exception handling
- In admin CP you can now re-order the main off canvas menu. Options you don't need can also be hidden.
- Updated upgrade routines to auto switch system off during upgrade.
- MaxMind anti fraud system removed. This caused too many problems and was generally not reliable.
- Removed Google+ meta tags due to closure of social network
- MOSS (Mini One Stop Shop) references removed. Maian Music no longer promoted to support MOSS due to the UK leaving the EU.
- Moss export renamed to Per Tax Export in admin CP
- Updated Codebird Twitter library (4.0)
- Added official support for PHP8.0*
- Removed support for payment gateway: 2Checkout
- Removed support for payment gateway: Authorize.net
- Removed support for payment gateway: CCNow
- Removed support for payment gateway: CardStream
- Removed support for payment gateway: IcePay
- Removed support for payment gateway: JamboPay
- Removed support for payment gateway: PayTrail
- Removed support for payment gateway: PayVector
- Removed support for payment gateway: SagePay
- Removed support for payment gateway: SecureTrading
- Removed support for payment gateway: Skrill
- Removed support for payment gateway: WorldPay
- Update for cart routines. If all tracks are added from collection, collection is added instead of selected tracks. Optional, can be switched off in 'control/options.php' file.
- Updated gateway docs with better instructions and example images
- Added CD purchase options to collection preview windows
- Added admin batch mailer improvements. Full list of accounts now replaced with options.
- Fixed total on admin dashboard which didn't take into account sales that hadn't been approved, resulting in incorrect sum.
- Fixed invalid constant reference in error class
- Fixed incorrect "Collection deletion" confirmation message when deleting styles
- Fixed issue where sub styles didn't delete if parent was removed.
Last updated: 30 March 2021
Release Date: Coming Soon
Please do not contact me about the release date, thank you.
If you would like to be notified when Maian Music is updated, please subscribe to the RSS feed. Thank you.
Why Not Give The Free Version of Maian Music a Try Today?
Click the button to be taken to the download page.